Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

The Beginning of Vegas

Last Thursday, right after school, the lacrosse team started the drive to Vegas. We all went in different cars because we couldn't get a bus in time. I drove down with my friend Brianna and her mom. We left around 4 pm and with a couple stops we ended up arriving at 10.
Brianna and I on the way down to Vegas

Before going to the hotel we took a quick run to whole foods because we felt gross and hadn't eaten for a while. Brianna got pasta and I got a caesar salad. After preparing ourselves, we finally got to the hotel. I went to my hotel room and two of my three roommates were there, Ellie and Luisa. I put my stuff down and went to Brianna's room because not of her roommates had arrived yet. After a little while I went back to my room and got ready for bed. We all talked for a little while and got comfortable because we would be spending the next three nights together. Within 20 minutes we were all asleep knowing we had to get up for 9 o'clock breakfast and 10 o'clock practice.
I woke up to Sophie (my other roommate) leaving the room, I decided to get up and have breakfast with her. We went downstairs and got some oatmeal and talked for a while. The rest of the group came down a little while after and then we all had to get ready for practice.
Practice was a walk through and wasn't very hard. It was just so we could get used to the weather, the fields, and playing with each other before our first game. Practice was only an hour and a half, right after we went to the hotel to get food and chill before our first varsity game which was at 7. I got back to the hotel and saw that I was sunburned which was wonderful.
Time flew by and we started piling out of the hotel to get to our game. We all warmed up and the game has started. I stood on the sidelines for a while and when I got put in I went for attack, which is not my position. I was very lost and upset because I felt I didn't know what I was doing. We ended up winning the game by a lot and had an hour gap before our next one. The second game was also a blowout and I played some midfield, which was better than attack.
Lauren and I looking thrilled after our last game of the day

 Everyone was exhausted so we went back to the hotel and went to sleep to wake up for a 10 o'clock game. Stay tuned for day 2 and 3 where we make it to the Championship game..!

No comments:

Post a Comment