Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Championship Game

Vegas Day 2
The alarm went off and it was definitely a struggle getting out of bed. I finally dragged myself out of the room and forgot to even put shoes on. I had oatmeal again (which I actually really enjoyed) and then went back up to the room to get dressed. Once everyone was downstairs I basically ended up braiding everyone's hair and then we left for the field. The warmup was extra fun because of our wonderful pump up playlist. It then came time to play and the first whistle blew. Like before, it was also a blowout.
Our next game was at four so it gave us about five hours to hang out. This consisted of us eating of specialized Jimmy John lunches, trying to get some sun, trying to take cute pictures, more eating, and we also watched part of the JV game.
Brianna and I enjoying our Jimmy Johns

 The five hours flew by (time flies when you're having fun) and it was then time for, yet again, another warm up. It then came time to play (again) and the first whistle blew. Unlike before, oh who am I kidding it was yet again another blowout. After the game we all piled into cars and went back to the hotel to shower so we could make it back in time for the boys game. I didn't even watch the boys game, I was hungry so I went and got a burger and it was delicious. Most girls then went back to the hotel and had tacos. Of course me being me I found something really funny while eating the taco and once I tried to explain why I was laughing I spit up all my food on one of my coaches. Good job Morgan. We were all up for a while after tacos, I hung out in the hall with some girls until we were kicked out by the security guard. Go team.
Vegas Day 3
The next morning was hectic to say the least. I woke up pretty early and got breakfast done with. I then went to my room to pack and get ready, which took a lot longer than I thought. Once I thought I had everything together I went to the lobby to braid some hair. Then we were off. To make it to the Championship Game we had to beat two teams. The first game was fairly easy and the second was no different. To loosen us up before the big game we all had dances to perform, which actually turned out to be pretty funny.
After the goofing around ended we knew it was time to get serious for the game. Warm ups were stricter and we all put our game faces on. Stick check came (the first one of the tournament) and the game had begun. The game was going pretty well and then Brighton kicked things up a notch. We were up at half, but the minutes started to go quickly and we were suddenly tied. With less than a minute left Brighton got the ball and shot. BUT OH MY GOSH MADELINE KOMISAR! Our goalie saved it and time expired. Basically the game ended when we went into sudden death overtime and Brighton got a penalty which enabled us to shoot and score. It was awesome being able to play with the team and take the title for the third year in a row!
Brianna and I after the Championship Game

No comments:

Post a Comment