Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

New Year, New Me?

So basically 2014 flew by and now it's magically 2015. And basically I changed over night. I'm an entirely different person. I don't even think my name is Morgan anymore..
Just kidding! I honestly hate when people say "new year, new me" because no one can change at the snap of a finger. But, I do think people can change over the course of a year. But this is besides the point.
This new year, 2015, I am getting the chance to play on the Park City lacrosse team. I haven't mentioned this before but I have played lacrosse for a couple years and I love it. I realize this is a football blog, but it's also my blog and lacrosse is a big part of my life.
Starting tomorrow, January 8, we have our first official practice. I have mixed emotions. It's always rough starting a new season with new people and different coaches. But I've learned from football that the key is to have a positive mind set and go with the flow. So that is exactly what I am going to do. Also, the good thing about lacrosse is all my girl friends play it. With football it's a lot of fun being with the boys, but it is also very intimidating. Being with the girls is more relaxing (but don't get me wrong some of the girls are very intimidating) and it's nice being able to talk to them if I'm having problems. We'll see how it goes tomorrow and I'll update you guys after !
My friends and I after we won our first playoff game! (last year)

I am also thinking about doing track in the spring on top of lacrosse. It sounds like a lot, and it will be, but I've always wanted to do it and what better time than now? If I do follow through with this little idea of mine I would have track from 3-5 and lacrosse from 5:45-7:45 every day. The reason why I would even think about putting myself through this hell is because I need to work and train on running and what better way than track. I would probably end up running the 100, 200, and throw shot-put (football would help with that). My dad threw in high school and held the state record in California so I have a lot to live up to..
It'll be interesting to see what I decide to do, and all that I hope for is that I am happy doing it. Sports have always been a HUGE part of my life and I hope to incorporate in more throughout the years. I want this year to be the year I have drastic improvement in everything sports, I know it's going to take a lot but I'm willing to put in a lot of time and effort to make this year the best one yet.
Stayed tuned to see what ends up happening!
Peace n' blessins

No comments:

Post a Comment