Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

Has the Season Deflated?


Super Bowl XLIX is tomorrow, and honestly I'm not excited at all. The Seahawks and the Patriots are the last town standing and I don't like either of them. But of course I'm pulling for the Patriots because everyone knows how much I love the Seahawks...
Even though these teams are already set in stone for the game tomorrow there is a TON of controversy about the Patriots balls. Not the guy's balls but the footballs. It is said that the Patriot's deflated their footballs. Some probably don't think that is a big deal, but the weather conditions were not good and it is a lot easier to catch a deflated ball rather than a hard one. Although this is basically cheating it got blown out of proportion and that was all ESPN was talking about, ever. Now it has died down quite a bit and most people are just focusing on the big game tomorrow.

One of the Patriot's balls (not really)
photo courtesy to: larrybrownsports.com
Another huge thing that ESPN has been covering is Marshawn Lynch, the Seahawk's running back. Lynch usually never goes to interviews and if he does he NEVER talks or answers the questions. The NFL told him that if he didn't show up to his press conference he would be fined $500,000. Being the "smart" person he is he decided to show up. Once the reporters started asking him questions his only response was "I'm just here so I don't get fined". Honestly, how annoying is that. I would've just given up. Lynch also went to another press conference and once the reporters started asking questions his only response was shouting out his teammates, Oakland California, his family, and other random things.
Lynch and his annoying signature saying.
photo courtesy to: memegenerator.net
Even though all the hype tomorrow is for the Super Bowl, there is a much more important thing happening. It's my grandma's birthday! So stop freaking out about the game and go wish her a happy birthday. 
QUICK UPDATE
Also, I forgot! I haven't updated you guys about lacrosse yet! I'll have to make a whole other blog about that because there are already a TON of stories. But, I'll give you guys an overview. We've had quite a few practices so far, my mile time is terrible (I'm working on it), I've made quite a few new friends and gotten closer with old ones, I enjoy my coaches, and I feel like I am improving quite a bit.  We have about a month until our first tournament which is the Best of the West and is held in Vegas. We're going to be getting down to crunch time pretty soon.
 Track has also been on my mind quite a bit. I am still very indecisive on whether I want to do it or not. Many of my friends are going to be doing it and I think it would be a great way to be with them and also stay in shape. We'll just have to see how lacrosse keeps going and if I am willing to make that commitment. 
That's all for now! Stayed tuned for updates on the Super Bowl, lacrosse, and track!

Good luck to the Patriots, Seahawks suck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment